‘Bad Boys for Life’ is on pace to have the second-best opening ever during the Martin Luther King Jr. weekend with $68.1 million (SNE)
- Sony’s “Bad Boys for Life” is dominating the four-day Martin Luther King Jr. Day holiday weekend.
- The movie will have brought in $68.1 million by Monday, the second-best opening ever for the weekend, behind “American Sniper.”
- “Bad Boys for Life” is also the biggest opening ever for an R-rated Sony release.
- Universal’s “Dolittle” did better than industry projections, but the $175 million-budgeted movie is still only estimated to make $30 million by Monday.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
If I told you the “Bad Boys” franchise would be the first big moneymaker of 2020 you would think I was a crazy.