How Airbus became Boeing’s greatest rival (BA)
- Over the past 20 years, the commercial aviation industry has come to be dominated by Airbus and Boeing.
- Airbus and Boeing each own roughly half of the global large commercial airliner market.
- The two carriers compete on the same level, but Airbus is relatively new when compared to Boeing, which has been around since 1916, the Airbus consortium did not come together until 1969.
- Airbus currently boasts a production backlog of around 7,200 planes while Boeing’s backlog is around 5,500 aircraft.
- Visit Business Insider’s hompage for more stories.
Airbus versus Boeing is