I have 15 credit cards, and I combine sign-up bonuses with everyday spending to get the most travel rewards from each one
- The top rewards cards offer tens of thousands of travel miles or points for new cardholders after meeting minimum purchase requirements.
- But once you have the card, you’ll want to be smart about maximizing your rewards on spending.
- Picking the right card can mean the difference between 1 point or 5 points per dollar on common purchases.
- I use the American Express® Gold Card to maximize my purchases at US supermarkets, and I use the Chase Sapphire Reserve to earn 3x points on travel and dining.
- personal finance coverage.
I’m someone who usually focuses on the long term