I insisted on doing my own taxes for years — until a CPA saved me $4,700
- For years I did my own federal and state taxes using TurboTax — but that’s changing for Tax Day 2020.
- Last year, I was hit with a much higher tax bill, but figured it was because my income had increased.
- When I spoke to a CPA about this year’s taxes, he reviewed my 2018 taxes and found that I had paid $4,700 too much in state tax.
- He filed an amendment, I got a refund, and I vowed never to do my own taxes again.
- personal finance coverage.
For years, I have filed my own taxes. As a child I