STOCKS FALL TO END THE WEEK: Here’s what you need to know
Stocks sunk into the red all day on Friday, but still finished solidly positive for the week.
All three indexes declined, while oil dropped off the table on new rules from the Federal Reserve and reports of disagreements within OPEC.
We’ve got all the highlights, but first, the scoreboard:
- Dow: 18,265.25, -127.21, (-0.69%)
- S&P 500: 2,164.79, -12.39, (-0.57%)
- Nasdaq: 5,305.75, -33.78, (-0.63%)
- WTI Crude: $44.81, -$1.51, (-3.26%)
- 10-year yield: 1.615%, (-0.017)
- Oil took a nosedive. Prices of crude oil plummeted nearly 4% after reports from Bloomberg that a member of the Saudi delegation to the oil cartel OPEC said he did not expect a production freeze. At