There’s a huge gender component to income inequality that we’re ignoring
- There’s a major gender component to global inequality: most of the world’s extreme-poor are women, and most uber-wealthy individuals are men, a new Oxfam report shows.
- Around 82% of all wealth generated in the last year went to the top 1%.
- The richest 1% hold more wealth than the whole of the rest of humanity.
- “Women provide $10 trillion in unpaid care annually to support the global economy.”
Oxfam’s new report on global inequality contains a barrage of startling, depressing statistics including:
– 82% of all wealth generated in the last year went to the top 1%.
– The bottom 50% saw no benefits from