This VC helped jump start the app economy by launching the iFund. Now he thinks an overlooked part of the enterprise software market is about to explode.
- Menlo Ventures partner Matt Murphy thinks there a big opportunity in a new area in the enterprise software market.
- To date, most enterprise software firms have focused on producing applications and services that are general-purpose; they can be used by companies or departments across many different industries.
- But some newer startups are developing software targeted at particular industries, Murphy said.
- Many of those industries have been technological laggards, but they’re starting to embrace change, he said.
- Click here for more BI Prime stories.
Matt Murphy knows how to spot a trend.
While a partner at VC firm Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, he